Career Vacancy Junior Chef Cape Town in South Africa Feb 2017
2017 Job Opportunity : Junior Chef Cape Town
Job Description : Job Employment Junior Chef Cape Town
|Remuneration:||R8000 – R10000 per month Basic salary|
The client is an online food service that delivers recipes and raw ingredients (a meal kit/dinner box) to your home/place of work. It provides you with the convenience of not having to shop and plan a menu for the week and have an endless variety to your meals. It’s easy to cook and courier-delivered to selected suburbs in greater Cape Town, Durban/Pietermaritzburg, Joburg, Pretoria and PE. They procure as much raw food as possible directly from the farms and other vendors who share their fanaticism for quality, hygiene and presentation, a sort of ‘Woolies-on-the-go’!
Many of their customers have reported back how prepping and cooking the evening meal has become such a pleasure and how much they enjoy sharing the experience with their partner or other family members/housemates.
They’re a small, tight knit team. Ten ladies who prep and pack the food in the warehouse, a full-time IT developer (who maintains/builds the website and other digital assets), a marketing, online and product development manager, an operations manager and an operations assistant. The team is located in Montague Gardens, Cape Town.
They’ve grown and matured over the years and are starting to streamline the business and fine tune roles. They’d like to add a chef to their team that can assist in creating new recipes across our various menu’s.
The role has the following responsibilities
- Design recipes within the company’s ethos
- Five set menus – creating new sets for each
- Add nutritional value to each recipe
- Design a menu that not only looks and tastes good but also maximises profitability through layout/simplicity and pricing
- Write recipes – clearly written, easy to follow and understand
- Willing to be filmed and photographed cooking – fun, interactive not camera shy
- They’re not expecting the candidate to have much experience as long, as they have natural ability in the areas mentioned above and below and a great attitude
- Great cooking and plating skills
- Amazing computer skills, someone who really knows their way around a computer
- Extraordinary attention to detail (recipe writing)
- Happy and personable disposition, enthusiastic, willing and able
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
Working days and hours
- Monday to Friday, from 8am to 5pm
Car not essential, MyCiti Bus terminal nearby.
- Soonest, but we’re looking for the right person and will wait if need be
Sound like you? Please send CVs with a short cover note on why you would be perfect for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.