Employment vacancy Digital Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator Cape Town June 2017
career opportunity Digital Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator Cape Town June 2017
Job vacancy Digital Marketing/Public Relations Coordinator Cape Town June 2017
|Location:||Cape Town, Epping 2 Industrial|
|Reference:||#DIGITAL MARKETING AN|
|Company:||The Crazy Store|
We need an ambitious, responsible, and self-motivated individual to fill the digital marketing and public relations coordinator at the head office to cover for an employee who is on maternity leave from 1 August 2017 to 5 January 2018.
- This position is a dual role in that it entails the planning, management, execution, and coordination of digital marketing as well as consumer/product public relations activities.
- The role will require one to integrate a range of digital and PR activities with all other programmes (ATL, BTL, and in-store) and promotions.
- It will require the content management of online platforms and social communities.
- It will also require active promotion of products and brands in conjunction with our PR agency.
Two to three years’ experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Relevant experience in managing and coordinating online marketing and brand building, as well as an understanding of digital and website design fundamentals
- Proficient in website content management, copywriting, and editorial an absolute must
- Basic understanding and experience in CMS tools for copy and image updates of websites
- Proficient in working with and briefing advertising and digital design agencies
- Basic experience in managing consumer and product public relations and dealing with a PR agency
- Proficiency or an understanding in other areas like ATL, BTL, and in-store marketing and POS would be beneficial
- Highly advantageous: General marketing experience in a retail company, with a passion for products and retailing
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing, either a degree or three-year diploma or equivalent experience – advantageous
- Supplementary online and digital diplomas or courses – advantageous
Must be in possession of a valid drivers licence.
Key responsibilities and duties
Digital key performance areas
- Manage and compile online, digital, email, SMS, and social media calendars, tactical plans and timelines
- Manage websites via content management systems on a continual basis with necessary artwork, promotional material, products, editorial, and PR
- Brief, liaise, and coordinate with our advertising, media, and digital agencies
- Manage and develop e-newsletters and SMS campaigns, including design, content, and copy
- Manage and update all customer databases and work with bulk mailing and SMS companies
- Expenditure control and tracking of all activities to budget
- Management of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, including all content, promotions, and conversations
- Liaise with all external websites and third parties, providing artwork and copy for promotions and marketing
- Responding to social media customer queries and issues and working together with our customer services dept.
Public relations key performance areas
- Manage, in conjunction with our PR agency, relevant product PR programmes, calendars, and timelines
- Liaise and coordinate activities and tactics with our corporate public relations agency
- Work with our promotions department to provide the correct product data, descriptions, pricing and availability to our PR company
- Keep records of all press clippings and PR activities
- Ability to multitask and handle numerous projects
- Highly organised
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Great copywriting and content writing skills
- Creative both visually and practically
- Numeracy literacy. Ability to work with figures and costing sheets. Basic understanding of accounting principles (creditors, invoicing, budgets, etc.)