Global Communications Manager job vacancy Cape Town
Job vacancy: Global Communications Manager Employment South Africa May 2016
Location : Cape Town, CBD
Global Communications Manager Job Description:
This is a fantastic global role in a fun, entrepreneurial environment. As the communications manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a global communications plan that will include public relations, content planning and managing channels including digital marketing for our clients. Work closely with Asian team to proactively develop ideas and source content including articles, photos, video and interactive content from across regions; to include commissioning content from freelance contributors, content partners and other external sources; develop in-house content; and developing working partnerships with the international content teams.
Duties and/ or tasks:
- Create annual content plan to include owned (social, web, blog etc) and earned media.
- Ensure all communications are aligned to current brand guidelines and maintain a consistent and global approach to all branding, messaging and content.
- Draft press releases and press announcements when required
- Actively increase media contacts be it bloggers, vloggers, print publications or sponsorships
- Initiate, plan and implement ideas to drive web traffic and sales (digital marketing campaigns)
- Develop crisis communication plan and strategy with response procedure and guidelines in case of product or other challenge
- Investigating and developing stories
- Writing articles and blog posts
- Creating online multimedia content
- Keeping up with the daily industry news and offering up ideas for stories
- Uploading content onto social media sites
- Provide full spectrum of PR duties, including but not limited to: media materials, invites, strategy plans, proposals, campaigns, events etc.
- Be creative, actively participate in brainstorming sessions, share new ideas
- Prepare relevant PR and event reports as when required. Contribute to post campaign evaluation and identify strengths and opportunities to improve.
- Prepare competitors / market intelligence updates
- Manage, pilot and implement communication programs (online and offline)
- Oversee, write and edit publications
- Oversee and build content on social medias (familiar with Link building and SEO a plus)
- Update the websites with new and relevant content
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional mindset
- Minimum two years’ experience
- Excellent communication in English.
- Bachelor degree or above in communications, or marketing or related disciplines
- Strong time management, project management and prioritisation skills essential
- Other foreign languages an advantage.
- Interest and knowledge in arts, fashion, luxury and adult novelty industry highly desirable
- Commited team player with a strong will to deliver,
- Hard working and driven.
- Good time management and ability to work independently and to handle and organize multiple jobs under pressure and tight schedules.