Head Designer employment Cape Town
Job vacancy: Head Designer career South Africa May 2016
Location : Cape Town, Gardens
Remuneration: R30000 – R33000 per month
Head Designer Job Description:
In-house or travel industry
My client based in Gardens, Kloof Street is looking to fill a role for head of studio / senior designer ( two to five years)
To conceptualise, develop and produce effective visual content (design, video and animation) for eMarketing output across all platforms, including product marketing and special projects. To develop and produce design, video and animation content from conceptualisation or given briefs through to online release. To follow best practice production processes, keep abreast of relevant design and production trends, developments and tools, and contribute to the creative thinking of the eTeam. To deliver on deadline high quality creative work that meets the brand standards and brief requirements across all
Type of experience required:
- Two to five years’ design experience as designer or junior art director in advertising agency or e-marketing department
- Two to five years’ commercial work experience utilising the minimum qualification (any two disciplines)
- Travel Industry experience an advantage
Tertiary qualification in at least four of these disciplines: visual communication (including consumer buyer behaviour and marketing communication), desktop publishing, design (graphic, web, fashion or light industrial), art direction, digital fine art, cinematography or photography, animation or motion graphics (After Effects, Shake, Nuke), film editing (Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro), Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) Portfolio that illustrates technical skill and demonstrates creative sensibility
- Design (graphic, web, fashion or light industrial) and/or cinematography and/or photography and/or animation and/or motion graphics (After Effects, Shake, Nuke) and/or film editing (Apple Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premier Pro) and/or Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Art direction on set (stills or video: basic set design and dressing, basic wardrobe and styling and continuity
- SEO and web design best practices and current trends in social media and e-Marketing
- Traditional and digital publishing formats and processes
Functional skills and competencies
- Contribute creatively to content production, enhancing copy with appropriate images and SEO value-adds like video.
- Contribute creatively to new projects and briefs from other departments.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of creative tools and capacity to deliver quality creative content in response to wide range of business needs.
- Strong visual sense grounded in realistic understanding of time: cost: benefit ratio, particularly ROI
- Lateral problem solver able to think outside the lines to solve demands of differentiation onsite.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
The following role responsibilities are:
Designer produce effective design from concept or given brief, including:
- Content pages for website, social media platforms and marketing tools
- Graphic elements, icons, motion graphics translate brand’s look and feel visually into illustrative design elements
- Create templates and detailed briefs for corporate design work
- Oversee, quality check and recruit freelance designers.
- Creative design for special projects, including setting look and feel, style guidelines and proofs and/ or briefs
- Creative contribution actively research, explore and conceptualise online opportunities/ trends/ innovations/ campaign ideas
- Actively pitch concepts, ideas and innovations in design and video to creative director
- Flag or fix issues with incoming video from suppliers, freelancers and in-house creatives.